Our three-day course is a deep dive into NCEA literacy and numeracy skills and what 'readiness' looks like. We will explore the assessments and the skills required, unpack what skills students need and design engaging activities to target the specific skills.
So what does readiness look like? By the end of this three-day course, you will know what 'readiness' looks like and be able to purposefully target literacy and numeracy skills in your subject area.
- Day One - get to know the assessments and skills needed, plus targeted tools to implement into teaching.
- Day Two - exploring how you can design learning experiences to target specific skills in your subject area
- Day Three - formative assessment and readiness
In these workshops, you will:
- Identify key skills required for achieving literacy and numeracy
- Describe skills required for NCEA
- Recognise potential for targeted literacy and numeracy in program design
- Design activities to target specific skills with explicit learning design
- Be confident in interpreting and diagnosing ‘readiness’
- Become familiar with a range of tools to implement in planning and course design
3-Days Online | 9am - 3pm
6 Apr, 4 May, 15 Jun 2023
*Minimum class numbers apply