Accessing the front end of the curriculum to enhance the key competency of thinking
Join this three-day series of online workshops to learn how to incorporate the key competency of thinking into your course or curriculum and how they can be applied purposefully to encourage independent thought.
During these sessions, we will explore different types of thinking, examine some taxonomies and thinking strategies and look at how we can assess the success of these strategies in the classroom.
- Day One - content and curriculum - let's get familiar
- Day Two - practical examples and engaging activities
- Day Three - feedback, sharing, advanced activities and tracking
- Unpacking the key competency of thinking
- Understand different types of thinking and how to identify them
- Become familiar with tools and resources available to teachers
- Design original and targeted thinking activities
- Plan effective lessons and units to target the curriculum
- Apply tools and teaching strategies to be responsive to learners’ needs
3-Days Online | 9am - 3pm
6 Mar, 24 Mar & 28 Apr 2023
*Minimum class numbers apply